Just Another Cute Ass...

Growing up on a rural farm brought a variety of experiences and critters across my path, including an old mule that my father sometimes worked with to plow our garden. Dad would also put a saddle on that old mule, and ride with my brother and I when we would go out on horseback. Those childhood memories are a part of what inspired my interest in the cute and sometimes humorous postcards of these animals - donkeys, mules, burros, and such. The postcards shared here are from a collection that I've gathered over the years from various sources...

Monday, November 15, 2010

Be It Ever So Humble... Donkey Postcard

Postcard by The Thayer Publishing Co., Denver. Front caption:  8. Be It Ever So Humble, Etc.  A donkey facing a sad-looking stall, at least its home... Postmarked from Chicago, Illinois on August 31, 1907. Destination: Falls City, Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment