Just Another Cute Ass...

Growing up on a rural farm brought a variety of experiences and critters across my path, including an old mule that my father sometimes worked with to plow our garden. Dad would also put a saddle on that old mule, and ride with my brother and I when we would go out on horseback. Those childhood memories are a part of what inspired my interest in the cute and sometimes humorous postcards of these animals - donkeys, mules, burros, and such. The postcards shared here are from a collection that I've gathered over the years from various sources...

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Donkeys In The Virgin Islands...

Gaily decorated donkeys.  Photo by John Penrod. Postcard by Dexter Press, 1971. From the caption on back: St. Thomas - Virgin Islands. View from Drake's Seat towards Magens Bay and Little Hans Lollick Cay.  This postcard was not posted, has no postmark.

Greetings from St. Croix! Ektachrome by Dorothy G. Colby, postcard made by Dexter Press, Inc.  This postcard was not posted, has no postmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment